Sunday 30 June 2013

Something Old...

So here I am once more, and as promised yesterday we have some new photos of some very old models. I have over the last few weeks been scouring the tinterweb, and managed to come up with some very, very old gems.  These models date back to Second Edition and are going to be incorporated into the Ork Snakebites.
Squig Catapults!
Fire! Fire!
Splat!
I love the character that oozes out of these models, just the concept alone is brilliant. I remember my best friends dad, owning a couple in his collection and ever since have wanted my own, and besides this is probably one of the best pieces of Ork artwork that they have ever done:


It doesn't need to be said what these will be used as during games, and they have in turn furthered my inspiration. This however will not be a project which gets started for a while, as there as so many other snakebites that need to be built. It will however involve this:

 
So anyway, the Squig Catapults came with the following crew, so they will be built and painted up along side. 


as well as the Squig Catapults I also decided to pick up a few classic Snakebites, because well why not?






I plan on adding a few of these to each unit, to vary the army up a bit, and to pay homage to when Orks had plenty of character, something that unfortunately has dwindled in all armies since 2nd edition. Or maybe build an entire squad out of these Out of Production miniatures.

Anyway, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment