Sunday 7 September 2014

Xenos Hunters

well would you look at that, back from the dead eh?

yeah its been a long time since I've posted, haven't really had any enthusiasm to paint or game recently, hence the severe lack of updates... The Tale of Four Gamers thing we were doing has gone the way of the Dodo, no real surprise there and as such the White Scars have been put on the back burner...

However I have finally got round to painting up another unit, that aren't actually White Scars but are part of the army list, as you may (or may not) be aware, I hosted a poll asking for peoples thoughts, whether my Sternguard should be a Deathwatch team or should be part of my White Scars force, I was always keen to do a deathwatch team and thankfully the viewers agreed, so with out further ado I present to you Kill Team Sigma VI-V


So far the team is only six strong but will be extended to a full strength ten man squad, armed with five Combi-Meltas and two Heavy Flamers to try and take out a large threat from the opponents army. Of course they shall land with the obligatory Drop Pod.


This is the Veteran Sergeant, from the Raven Guard Chapter, I tried to make them as identifiable as possible, so in the example above using the trademark Corvus Armour helmet, as well as a Raven Guard Shoulder Pad and Bolter.


The Iron Hand, with his bionic arm and leg, like the Raven Guard to help identify him with his parent chapter.




so far we have an Iron Hand, Raven Guard, Sons of Medusa (still a WIP, his shoulder pad may get swapped out at some point) Crimson Fists, Black Shield and Red Scorpion. I particularly like the fluff of the Black Shields, marines whose chapter have either been disgraced, through turning renegade or being wiped out, I'll leave it to your imagination which Chapter he once belonged too...


The Deathwatch symbol, I jazzed this up a little bit, painting the skull and crossed bones in gold as I felt pure silver was a little bland.



lastly a couple of pictures from the Drop Pod, with a shot of the interior, very pleased with how their transport came out, however I don't even want to think about how long it took to paint the damn thing, and of course I have another sat unpainted... sigh!

so what is next for the Deathwatch? What chapters are the rest of the squad going to belong too? Aha! that would be telling! 

as always comments and criticism is always welcome, and as always none of the models are quite finished I'm sure there will be some tweaking done to them when I get round to it (sigh!)



2 comments:

  1. Always a fan of deathwatch. Great fun painting different groups of space marines to fit in with a lovely kill team, or fluff of an army.

    I'm also always impressed by people who assemble the interiors of their drop pod. I took one look at that section, said a big nope, and then just acted like I never got that sprue section :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers Greg, there will be a Xenos Inquisitor coming along the way at some point too...

    ha! I wont lie, I did almost lose the will to live painting up that drop pod...

    ReplyDelete