Friday 1 March 2013

Back to the Primitive...

Okay so firstly, do not worry, today's blog shall not include any spoilers, this for they shall not even contain any Night Lords at all, I felt it was time to give the Orks a little bit of love, seen as they have not been seen since the New Year.

Anyway, on with the show, as you should hopefully know, these Orks are from the Snakebite Clan (hell the Soulfly reference should have been a good enough hint) which is going to be the first of my Ork Clans, I have always had an affinity with the Greenskins and I love the tribal nature of the Snakebites, as such I very much wanted to make an army of them...

However, with such an army, you are always restricted with what you can get away with as it is important to maintain the feel of the army. As such I ordered several torsos from an English website called Bitz Box, go check them out, they are a great resource: 


So with these pieces and a Box of Ork Nobz from my FLGS, I set about building a unit of 20 Ork Boyz complete with a Nob with a Big Choppa and Boss Pole and 2 Big Shootas


Grey Tide?

Here is the mob in all its glory, ready to be painted (I probably should actually do some painting at some point)...

Da Nob
The Nob still needs a little work, filling the gap between the 'business end' of his club and his hand for example, but generally I'm very pleased with this fella.

Dakka Dakka

 the two big shoota boyz, the nob and there mates... ready to do some crumpin'

general boyz
A mix of fantasy and 40k parts went into these to help give them a slightly archaic feel...

However the general footsloggers are not the only models that have been receiving a bit of TLC... The Boar Boyz are also all built

Why go to war on foot when you can ride a bloody pig?

The Unit is now up to 8 strong, which coincidently is how many Boar Boyz feature in the 1000 point army...

And they're off!

So now you have seen the pretty pictures, now for a little motivation. On the 1st of EACH month I vow to update this blog with what next months objectives shall be, this I hope will help me to meet my goals that I have set at the beginning of the year...

So the objectives for March:

Firstly:

I vow to have my 1000 pt Snakebite Army Built (Another 20 Ork Boyz and 10 Tankbustas and a Weirdboy)

Secondly:

I vow to have my 1000 pt Night Lords Army Built (Huron Blackheart, 6 Berzerkers, 14 Marines, 5 Bikers, 6 Havocs and 2 Rhinos, which are all in various stages of completion)

Lastly:

My local Games Workshop has a painting competition each month, last month was a Squad, I wanted to enter First Claw, but ran out of time, this month is a Monster/Vehicle...

I'm really hoping I don't balls this one up but this guy is going to be getting painted up:

Yikes!
Oh did I mention that is a Bad Moons Battlewagon? Or that I have never painted yellow before?

Yeah I'm screwed...



No comments:

Post a Comment