Sunday 10 March 2013

What could be more fun than dropping your enemies tanks on his troops?

So here I am with another update...

As mentioned last week my local Game Workshop has a painting competition for a vehicle/monster this month and what more inspiration did I need to paint up my Lifta Wagon... I have to say, this one has been great fun to paint up so far... Taking the bull by the horns as it were I've dived straight in with painting yellow (certainly a challenge)

The Basics
So here she is, with pretty much the hull done... I'm so glad I'm doing orks and they are allowed to look dirty, as making sure the yellow was pristine would just be such a pain in the arse. What we have above is I would estimate about between five and ten hours of painting, and is as it stands a long way off from being completed. 

A Closer Look?
As you can see, the basics are done and I have now applied a wash of both Nuln Oil and Agrax Earthshade to the entire Battlewagon (Not the lifta arm yet) which I feel has given the Wagon a nice dirty look to it... typically Orky...

The tyres are currently being pumped up...
I love the contrast of the yellow and black, it was really fun to sit down and paint each individual section, and figure out as I went along which would be yellow and which would be black

It wouldn't be right not to show the Bad Moon symbol
As it stands there is a lot of work that still needs to be done, and plenty of weathering to boot too!


Am I brave to Paint on some black flames?
As you can probably see there is still a lot of work to be undertaken for this to be complete...

Lifta Arm WIP
The Lifta Arm is coming along nicely, you have to love Forge World and the amount of detail they put into their models, very impressive...

Hey Come Back!
Lots of work to still do on the back too... I also have painted up the Grot Rigger for this beast...


Here you can see him tinkering away, he was really easy to paint up a real pleasure actually... now there's just the rest of the crew to be completed, but all in good time... I still have at least two weeks to continue work on this beauty, oh and I may have ordered some parts for the second Battlewagon too... If I can pull it off, it'll be an awesome conversion...


Anyway

until next time

Caio!


No comments:

Post a Comment