Monday 8 April 2013

The Lords of the Night

So here is, as promised, the second update of this week, featuring as you should be well aware, everyone's favourite genetically-enhanced murderers, Aaron Dembski-Bowden's First Claw... 

When First Claw come for you... run...
As I am sure you can see, only the basics of painting has begun on First Claw, this is for several reasons:

1. I hate Green Stuff - I really need to learn how to scuplt much more proficiently
2. I was scared - This for me is a massive project, and I wont lie, I'm really worried that wont be able to do them justice.

Anywaaaay, as shown, only the basics of the armour has been painted so far, I have started work on the detailing on the armour but not gotten much further in regards to painting. I have however, scuplted the dead skin mask on Variel's shoulder and the Flesh Cloak attached to Uzas's back. In addition there has been the addition of odd bits and pieces to make First Claw as WYSIWYG as possible, oh and I added a new muzzle to Mercutian's Heavy Bolter, cause... well why not? Anyhow, less chat, more close ups:

Talos Valcorian, The Prophet, The Soul Hunter
As you can see there is much still to do on Talos, as he is merely blue at the moment, the paint scheme for the armour is pretty simple, a Kantor Blue basecoat with a very healthy dose of Drakenhof Nightshade... I am currently researching NMM metallics for Aurum, whether I have the balls to do it however... (his sword ended up costing me nearly £5.00)

Heavy Bolter for when you absolutely, postively, have to kill every mother fucker in the room...
What is cooler than an Axe... An Axe combined with a Chainsaw!

Yet another murdering bastard...
Still probably my favourite character in the whole of First Claw
As you can see there is still much work to be done on each member of First Claw, many hours yet to come until I am satisfied with them... In all likelyhood I will end up pulling Uzas's cloak off and sculpting a new one because I am still not happy with it, Green Stuff can be such a pain in the arse to work with... Those keen eyed amonst you, will have noticed that there is no individual photo of Variel, I did take one, but seem to have lost it, which is a bit of a pain in the arse, but oh well... 

Getting Ready for 10th Company's annual Photo Shoot

Until next week

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good man. Can't wait to see them finished

    ReplyDelete