Sunday 28 April 2013

Valas Morovai

'All this power and pain at our fingertips. Weapons that can level cities. A warship capable of breaking entire fleet blockades. But this means nothing in the Long War. We can leave scars on steel, but so can any ragged pirate vessel with a battery of macro-cannons. We are the Eighth Legion. We wound flesh, steel and souls alike. We scar memories. We scar minds. Our actions must mean something, or we deserve to be forgotten, left to rot amongst ancient mythology.'

    - Talos Valcorian 'Soul Hunter'
         (1st Claw, 10th Company, VIII Legion) 

So this is it, the final post for First Claw, the final post of this week, which obviously details First Claw as a whole...




Firstly I would like to thank everybody who has looked at my posts, provided comments and criticism, it really does help to spur me on to carry on posting photos and modelling, and to improve my painting techniques...

 The question is, where do we go from here... 

I have already ordered some replacement parts for Variel, as I said, I wasn't really happy the out-come of him, so in time the Flayer will be re-appearing. Mercutian has been entered into my local GW's painting competition this month, not that I expect him to win as some of the entries were brilliant. 

Cyrion will also as some point be getting a remodelling too, but that's on hold for the moment. Lastly in regards to First Claw, I have ordered parts for my Duel entry, which doesn't need to be completed until September. However it will feature a particularly memorable battle between First Claw, and a particularly up-start champion of the Imperium. Any guesses?

Okay I'll give you a hint:


Anyway... Until next time...

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. If you're planning to redo Variel I have a suggestion. The emperors's children upgrade pack comes with a shoulder guard that has a skinned face mounted on it. It would look perfect on him if you could manage to get your hands on one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Skullreken, just seen your comment, it is funny that you should mention this, as I remembered that, just after I posted this up and have since gone and bought Variel a lovely new arm... just need to paint the bastard now...

      Delete