Sunday 9 December 2012

In The Mek's Workshop

So as I sat at my Paint Station on Wednesday Night, I had the urge to build something a little... different. Sorting Ork Bitz into their relevant Box, I was clipping the left over bitz from the gretchin sprues, and looked over the Grot-prods which I was yet to use

Immediately 'Inspurashun' struck and twenty/thirty minutes later this was sat in front of me

Big Mek Gubbinz of the Death Skull Klan
I present to you, Big Mek Gubbinz with his Kustom Force Field and Burna, and the first of the Death Skull contingent I am planning on. He will be a Defensive Character, providing cover for his Loota Boyz and a counter in case the enemy get too near for his liking

Alas, Orks are very rarely (if ever) found alone and in the next few days more boyz from the Deathskull Clan were being built.

Ork Boyz/Ard Boyz
The first of a Unit of Ork Boyz, embellished with Space Marine Shoulder Pads and extra Armour, I intend on being able to use these as either a normal unit or 'Ard Boyz' if I want to 'splash' the extra points upon them.

What Kind of Death Skull Army doesn't have at least one unit of Lootas
A Unit of Ork Lootas that need a re-spray and painting up in the relevant Colours, two of these units will form the crux of the Deathskull clan, providing a mass of S7 AP4 shots when on the table top.

And honestly, who doesn't like a unit of pyromaniacs?
The last elite choice will be taken up by a unit of Burna Boyz, partly because they are awesome, and partly because the bitz come in the loota boxes and thus it would be rude not too...

more on these guys soon, I promise...



No comments:

Post a Comment