Saturday 29 December 2012

Bad Moon Rising

So I hope everybody had a good Christmas... As I opened my presents on Christmas Morning, I had a pleasant surprise, a rather large Square box with a distinctive rattle. My mum, the sly devil had remembered a conversation we had had a few months back about a particular Ork Forge World Kit, with some particularly quirky rules. Now, as you are probably aware my plan for my Ork Horde, is to have several army lists, based upon the different Klans, which I will be able to pool together for a Mighty Ork Waaagh for Apocalypse Games. With my new kit, I have started work on the third Ork Klan, The Bad Moons, whose army list will be based upon a specific piece of fluff from the current codex: 

898.M41 - The Mighty Mangler's Battle Wagon Brigade

The Mighty Mangler of Bork, a Warboss renowned for being particularly pig-headed launches his Waaagh! from the head of a vast brigade of battlewagons. Each vehicle is incredibly well-armoured, and the ground shakes when his brigade is on the move. To the dismay of the Imperial armies sent to intercept him, the Mighty Mangler lives up to his name. Waaagh! Bork collapses the defences of the Ghoul Stars and claims a great area of the galactic fringe. 

Now of course, the idea of a mass army of Battlewagons appealed greatly to me. I mean who wouldn't like the idea of five or more Battle Wagons crushing their way through their opponents army. As such, I decided  a little more research was needed, this was when I stumble upon some material on Lexicanum, originally from White Dwarf 349, in which, it was revealed that Bork was a planet and the Warboss was called Klawjaw... 

I'm sure you all have seen where this is going, I present to you a rough version of The Mighty Mangler's Battlewagon Brigade at 2000 pts

Warboss Klawjaw
-  Mega Armour, Attack Squig and Cybork Body
125 pts
Big Mek Gutsneak
-          Kustom Force Field, ‘Eavy Armour, Cybork Body
100 pts

Klawjaw’s Brutes(5 Mega Armoured Nobz)
200 pts
The Mighty Mangler (Battlewagon)
-          With 2 Big Shootas, Deff Rolla, Armour Plates and Grot Riggers
135 pts

Ork Boyz mob (20)
-          2 Big Shootas
-          Nob with Big Choppa, Boss Pole
150 pts
Ork Boyz mob (20)
-          2 Big Shootas
-          Nob with Big Choppa, Boss Pole
150 pts
Ork Boyz mob (20)
-          2 Big Shootas
-          Nob with Big Choppa, Boss Pole
150 pts
Battle Wagon
-          Zzap Gun, Deff Rolla, Armour Plates and Grot Riggers

140pts
Battle Wagon
-          Zzap Gun, Deff Rolla, Armour Plates and Grot Riggers

140pts
Battle Wagon
-          Zzap Gun, Deff Rolla, Armour Plates and Grot Riggers

140pts
Lifta Wagon
-          Grot Riggers and Armour Plates
240 pts
Battle Wagon
-          SupaKannon and Grot Riggers
165 pts

Battle Wagon
-          SupaKannon and Grot Riggers
165 pts

And now, for the first of the Battlewagon Brigade, the Lifta Wagon: 

I mean, who wouldn't want to use this thing to throw enemy tanks across the Battlefield?
This thing is huge, the Gun is so nice and detailed and for once, wasn't actually that bad to put together (except for the Mek at the back, who almost went flying across the room a couple of times)

This beast is so big, it requires two spotters...

Grot Rigger Anybody?
This 2000 point will undoubtedly not be where this army ends, I already want to add a couple of looted Baneblades... but we'll see


No comments:

Post a Comment