Sunday 13 January 2013

Coming In Hot...

So, in my last blog, I talked about the future and my Warhammer related 'new years resolutions' the last point that was mentioned was the Crashed Aquila Lander from the Battle of Macragge box-set. Firstly, I said this was no-longer available from Games Workshop... It is, mere hours after posting I discovered it on their website... Whoops! Anyhow, the person who I ordered it from, sold it to me for less than retail price, so I saved myself a few quid... Good news all round.

So my new piece of terrain arrived on Wednesday, and as I set about cleaning up the parts, I released, that I had absolutely no idea as to how I would paint this up... So off to the internet I went! Trawling through pictures of the crashed lander, most of them had a light paint scheme, which did not suit my purposes, I plan to make my first Realms of Battle board a desert scheme, and as such I wanted something that would contrast with the light coloured sand...

All was not lost though, with a little more digging I came across this:

I believe this was a Forge World paint scheme
This immediately struck me as being exactly what I wanted, so I sat there with my laptop and scenery, carefully examining the image to ascertain which parts of the crash would be red and would be black... a few hours later and this is sat in front of me:

And no-longer looking quite so graceful
Please keep in mind that these pictures are a work in progress, the basic scheme is done but it needs several washes and some serious dry-brushing before I will be happy with it.

Even more WIP than the picture before
I'm hoping when these are done they will be very visually striking against the board they are intended for.



In the left hand piece above, I intend to fill the hole, probably with EZ Water or a similar product, which will have lots of black wash in it, the hope is to make it look like fuel that has leaked and pooled amongst the wreckage.

A really boring piece of terrain in comparison...
Anyway, it's not just been about terrain recently, I did also find time to add a little paint to this guy, albeit, only this guy:


Big Mek Gubbinz!

Clever Bitz!

Anyway, until next time,

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment