Wednesday 30 January 2013

Two-Handed Chainswords and Chainaxes

First Things First! This post WILL contain spoilers for Soul Hunter, Blood Reaver AND Void Stalker, ergo if you have not read those books, feel free to just look at the pretty pictures...

So since I last posted, (a whole two weeks ago) I have been fervently ordering bits and pieces for First Claw (and well, Night Lords in general) and I am pleased to say work is well under way on the 'assault element' of these sons of Nostromo. Now as anyone who has read the Novels, which I highly recommend, will know, this means the characters Uzas and Xarl.

Xarl is, it has to be said, probably my favourite character, I love the sarcasm that drips from him when he his taunting his foes and well just speaking in general, ADB really has a talent for writing his characters, I cannot wait to see a pre-heresy Night Lords novel...

Brother Xarl
Xarl is regarded by First Claw as being their best fighter in Close-Combat and the whole of 10th Company, and wields a nasty two-handed chainsword, which in game is going to either be used as a Power Sword or a Power Fist (more likely the second, but for the competition, I'm thinking the first seen as I can give him armourbane).

Extra 'Rippy' Chainsword
I don't know about you, but I would not want to be on the receiving end of that thing! Xarl also is renowned for taking lots of trophies, as the photo below shows:

Uncle Bill is that you?
While Xarl is a proficient swordsman, the same cannot be same for Uzas, a frothing madman, he is in fact the direct opposite of Xarl. So much so that he has been condemned to death for his crimes by Talos.
Blood for the Blood God!
Formerly the Sergeant of Fourth Claw, Uzas his a devoted follower of Khorne much to the disgust of the rest of First Claw, however, they put up with his blood-crazed rants and unreliability because... well who knows? In the novels I cannot help but end up feeling sorry for Uzas, especially by the end of Void Stalker, but he provided much humour through the first two novels... 


Skulls for the Skull Throne!
 What can be seen here, apart from my shoddy photography... is a pre-heresy style bolter, one of my favourite bits of the Night Lords Novels is the scene where Talos reminisces about how Uzas was rewarded by Malcharion the War-Sage (The Original Captain of 10th Company) for his excellent command skills and discipline, with a ceremonial bolter, a great contrast to the marine who stands today.


Milk for the Khorne Flakes? Wait what?!
This last photo is to show that Uzas is still a WIP, he still needs his second shoulder pad, on which shall be the beginnings of a cloak made of flayed skin, a part of the project that I am dreading... but will give my best shot...

lastly...

Obligatory Group Photo



No comments:

Post a Comment